May 30, 2014

BeautyCon NYC 2014

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending BeautyCon NYC 2014, which the organization describes themselves as "a fashion and beauty summit for the internet's most influential and everyone who's obsessed with them."

H&M Kimono // J. Crew Tank Top // Joe Fresh Jeans // Guess Wedges // BCBGeneration Tote

At Pier 36, there were booths from brands such as Bare Minerals and Tarte, beauty vlogger meet-ups going on at various spots, a large tent where panels were going on, VIP/Pro Zones, and a NYX Talent tent. Almost all brands were giving away free goodies, but waiting in line for almost an hour for a free mascara or over 2 for a free foundation (even though I am bummed I skipped out on that) just wasn't worth it for me.

I would say my highlight of the day was being able to chat with Joe Zee, ELLE Creative Director as well as have a mini-mentoring session from Emily Dougherty, ELLE Beauty & Fitness Director as well as Ali Finney, ELLE Beauty & Fitness Editorial Assistant. It was amazing to be able to meet some of those whose footsteps I hope to follow in one day.


Ticket & wristband // Complimentary glosses from the StyleHaul x Maybelline Booth // ELLE Magazine & photos from my GIF shoot (watch it on instagram) // VIP Tote

Overall, I think BeautyCon was a great experience and I hope they come back to the East Coast next year!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Wow looks awesome, and like such an opportunity to learn and try new products!!
HCXO
Alyssa
http://fromcampuswithlove.wordpress.com