June 5, 2012

Tip du Jour: Overcoming Stress

Stress is something everyone deals with- no matter the age, sex, race, or gender, everyone has stress in their life. Especially with the end of school and beginning of summer fast approaching, I figured this post would be a perfect fit for today. Here are a few tips that have helped me overcome stress:
  1. Exercise: Working out has helped me not only feel better about myself, but it is a great escape. Work out whenever you can, but I love working out at night because it helps clear my mind and relieves a lot of stress and anxiety built up from a long day.
  2. Eating Healthy: This goes hand in hand with exercise, you'll feel better about yourself and your body will thank you.
  3. Sleep: Try to get a little extra sleep each night- you'll feel refreshed and well rested if you get a good night's sleep.
  4. Have 'You' Time: Take 15-30 minutes out of your day to relax, whether it's with a glass of wine, a magazine, a chat with your best friend, or a fast aromatherapy bath- take a little time out of your day for you!
  5. Laugh: Laughing is a natural way to not only burn calories, but release endorphins. Watch a funny youtube video or do whatever makes you laugh!

1 comment:

Arianne said...

I was stressed out just before this past semester ended... I should have done one of those things... I'm bad at exercising and eating healthy.. I read too much to get 8 hours of sleep.