April 23, 2014

Spring 2014 Trend Report: Mules

Olivia Newton John as Sandy (1978) // Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw (2000) // 10 Crosby Derek Lam S/S 2014 Collection (2014)

In the early 1950s, Marilyn Monroe popularized the mule and it experienced a lot of popularity throughout the 50s and 60s. It re-emerged in the 90s in open-toed form, the "slide," and emerged on the September 2013 runways once again in many designers Spring/Summer 2014 Collections.

Here are a few of my top mule picks.

French Connecrtion 'Randy' // Vince Camuto 'Jaso' // Jeffrey Campbell 'Druid' // Sergio Rossi 'Norma J.' // 10 Crosby Derek Lam 'Katy' // Stuart Weitzman 'Herenow'

2 comments:

Ellie said...

These look so cute in person or in pictures, but they look really funky on my feet :(

Caroline said...

Love your picks! I'm not totally sure how I feel about mules, but after seeing Julia from Gal Meets Glam wear hers all the time I'm starting to like them.

Caroline
www.peachykeencaroline.com