December 7, 2009

Tip du Jour: Clean Makeup Brushes

Hi ladies. Today I am going to take you step by step through cleaning your makeup brushes. There are two different ways to clean your brushes; spot and deep cleaning. I spot clean my eye brushes after each use, and I deep clean all of my brushes once a week. It is a good idea to invest in a good makeup brush spot cleaner. I use the Clinique makeup brush cleanser for spot cleaning, and the Bare Escentuals well-cared for brush conditioning shampoo for deep cleaning. You can purchase them both at Sephora. Purchase the Deep cleanser at Sephora. Purchase the spot cleanser at Clinique. It's not too easy to use my camera to take pictures while cleaning brushes, so I will link you to 2 different videos by juicystar07 and EnKoreMakeup, and I follow the methods they use.

You will need:
Spot cleaner
Deep cleaner (baby shampoo, olive oil, or depp cleaning shampoo)
Sponge
Olive Oil
Dirty brushes
Sink
Paper towel
Wash cloth

Tips to remember:
-When cleaning a dome brush, clean in circular motions.
-You will know your brush is clean when no more product comes off the brush.
-Don't deep clean your brushes right before doing your makeup.
-Make sure you don't get your brush wet below the end of the bristles, because it will rust.


No comments: