December 27, 2009

Review: Fresh Supernova vs. Firebird mascara

I have had the Magic Wands Mini Mascara Duo for about 1.5 weeks, and I have gotten a chance to experiment and play around with them and here is a quick comparison.



Firebird
$26
3.8 out of 5 stars on sephora.com
Sephora Exclusive
Alcohol-Free
Available in: Firebird(jet black)
ACTIVE INGRDEIENTS-
-Seabuckthorn Berry Oil (Hippophae Rhamnoides): A rich, nourishing oil enriched with a high concentration of omega-7 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and natural waxes. It helps to condition the lashes and is extracted from the yellow-orange fruits of the seabuckthorn shrub native to Europe and Asia.
-Panthenol (Vitamin B5): Fortifying and moisturizing, it penetrates deep into the hair shaft to strengthen, nourish, and help prevent damage. Panthenol smoothes the hair cuticle, detangles, and enhances shine. It is also known as vitamin B5.
-Red Algae Extract (Hydrolyzed Rhodophycea Extract): Helps to strengthen and protect the lashes. It is rich in minerals from the sea such as magnesium, calcium, manganese, and zinc, which deliver nourishment to the lashes, giving them strength and thickness. Red algae extract is cultivated off the coast of Brittany, France.
ACCORDING TO LAB RESULTS-
-Lashes are 44% fuller (voluminous.)
-Lashes have 34% more eye-opening curve.
-Lashes have 11% more visible length.

Supernova
$25
4.3 out of 5 stars on sephora.com
Alcohol-Free
Available in: black
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS-
-Nourishing Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Conditions the lashes and adds shine.
-Protective Linden Bud Extract: Strengthens lashes.
-Panthenol (Provitamin B5): Fortifies the lashes and prevents breakage.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfate
- Synthetic Dyes
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Phthalates

My thoughts
I really like them both and at first it was difficult to choose what I liked best. One day, I decieded to wear supernova alone, the next firebird alone. Then I layered, did one of each, and that day I saw the difference. Firebird give me much longer lashes, which on me can be good or bad since my lashes are naturaly long. Supernova does a better job at volumizing. I love them both and the winner is....


Overall pick: Supernova

No comments: