September 20, 2012

Emily Schuman's Book Signing Party

The past three weeks have been a complete whirlwind, I started my senior year in high school, have been to New York on two occasions a week apart, and have been generally stressed with the responsibilities from work, maintaining my blog and sanity, and school. For my latest trip to New York on Sept. 14th, I headed uptown to Bloomingdales for a book signing party at the Estée Lauder counter for Emily Schuman of the blog Cupcakes and Cashmere.

a sign for the event in Bloomingdale's 
Emily is by far my favorite blogger, and I was holding off on buying her book because I figured she would be having a book signing (some stores are particular about where/when you bought the book). The deal was: Buy $40 of products from Estée Lauder, and receive a free copy of Emily's new book Cupcakes and Cashmere.

my new goodies
I don't own anything from Estée Lauder, so I went with pretty straight forward products: Star Pink Pure Color Gloss(Emily's must-have!), and Smashed Pure Color Nail Lacquer. There were cosmetic counter ladies with mini video pins showing videos of Emily's work with Estée Lauder, and also attendants with snacks including: lemon cupcakes, milk chocolate truffles, and flat or sparkling water.

with Emily
Emily was extremely nice and even prettier in person! She looked gorgeous in a dark green Tibi dress which went perfectly with her Gilded Fade Manicure!

Emily
Thank you Emily, Estée Lauder, and Bloomingdales for a great event!

1 comment:

Belle Maison Et Moi said...

So jealous!!!!! Looks like it was so much fun ;o)