November 12, 2013

Review: NYC New York Color Big Bold Plumping Lip Gloss

NYC New York Color Cosmetics launched a range of Big Bold Plumping Lipglosses. These glosses house a whooping 0.39 oz of gloss for a mere $3.99 each! Available in twelve shades the price and color selection definitely gives other drugstore glosses a run for their money. This a lot of gloss for the price so when I saw received it in my Influenster Varsity Vox Box mid-October I was very excited to try out my shade 'Pleasantly Plump Pink.'

NYC New York Color Big Bold Plumping Gloss vs. Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss
Each gloss has a massive sponge applicator, which may seem clumsy but actually works really well to get gloss onto lips in a single stroke. Be careful when removing the applicator as globs of gloss come out with it, do so slowly to avoid this.

They wear quite comfortably on my lips and lack a tacky feel, but at the same time the gloss has a gooey texture. Despite this thick constancy, they apply dry without a ton of shine or glossiness. They give lips a nice plush look but not necessarily the 50% pouting effect that NYC promises. Although a plumping gloss they don’t sting in the least, I believe the formula is dependent on the thickness to create the pouting effect. The scent is probably my least favorite part of the gloss, it smells extremely cheap (which yes, I know it's only $4) but they smell is not pleasant at all.

Overall, I wasn’t too impressed with it….but it wasn't entirely bad either. Perhaps on sale they might be worth picking up a shade or two. I wouldn’t write them off completely, so go give them a try!

Please note: I did receive this item for free, but am not being compensated in anyway to share my opinions. 

No comments: