March 26, 2014

Brand Spotlight: L'Wren Scott

On March 17th, the fashion community lost L'Wren Scott. Since the launch of her line in 2006, her designs have been worn by countless celebrities such as Madonna, Michelle Obama, Sarah Jessica Parker, Reese Witherspoon, and more, collaborated with Lancôme for a 2010 holiday capsule collection, launched a handbag line in honor of her mother, and most recently collaborated with Banana Republic for a holiday collection. Scott was statuesque from a young age, and began modeling soon after high school before evolving into a stylist to celebrities, and launching a line of her own.

She dated Mick Jagger for nearly 13 years who said in a heartfelt message on Facebook "I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way. We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves. She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me. I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received. I will never forget her, Mick"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Natalie Portman dress has always been one of my faves. L'Wren Scott was a seriously talented designer.

Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

Semirah Dolan said...

Wow, her life really was inspiring and I didn't know she dated Mick J. for that long.