July 2, 2014

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: June 2014


Hawaiin Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion: I got this just before my trip to Israel in my Influenster Surf's Up VoxBox and it was the perfect remedy for my skin after hours in the sun. Thankfully I did not get sunburnt while on my trip but this provided much-needed moisture back to my skin after hours in the sun that a regular lotion just wasn't giving me. 

NYX 'Vanilla Cream Pie' Butter Gloss: I never gave into the hype of these glosses but when I saw 2 shades on sale at Target, I decided to give them a try. They apply so smoothly (like butta) and last for a good amount of time considering how glossy they apply. Full review is coming soon!

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen: This has been a summer staple of mine for years so in preparing for 10 long days in the sun, I knew this would be something I had to pick up. I used this under minimal face makeup daily and alternated it with a sunscreen spray for my body and I never felt greasy or 'sunscreeny.'

Klorane Dry Shampoo: Another savior of mine while in Israel was this dry shampoo because honestly, even with washing my hair it didn't feel clean there. In addition, I couldn't heat style my hair and needed a little product and this was all I had. 

Bliss Pore Perfecting Facial Polish: This leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and looking even better and practically poreless like it claims.

Maybelline Baby Lips: I knew when prepping for Israel I would need a lip balm that provided SPF and hydration because dry burnt lips are not cute or comfortable. This is my tried and true lip balm and it gets the job done for a low price. 

Bamba: Seriously, how have I lived 19+ years without this and why hasn't it come to the States yet? I feel like I ate a bag of bamba a day while in Israel but (if you've had it) can you blame me? If not, it tastes similar to cheese puffs but without the cheese and peanut butter flavored.

I traveled to Israel for 10 days this month and it was by far the best experience of my life. Going into it, I was nervous. I didn't know anyone on my trip, it was my first time leaving the country, I was going somewhere completely new, and everything going on in Israel currently didn't help my nerves. If you ever have the opportunity to go, do it. Even if you're not Jewish, Israel is a place that everybody should experience.

2 comments:

Orly said...

i love israel! I rather eat Apropo or Peseksman than Bamba, but the baba filled with chocolate is to die for!
im glad you enjoyed your stay at israel, i always have a great time there too
xo
Orly
coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com

Chloe Logan said...

Did you go on Birthright? I did two summers ago and actually went back and visited my soldiers last summer! And my sister is there for 6.5 weeks right now! Klorane is literally my favorite dry shampoo. It works so well. BUT BAMBA....holy crap. They actually sell it at some nearby grocery stores (I live in a heavily Jewish area)!

xoxo
Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest