July 27, 2016

July 2016 Favorites

Disclaimer: I felt like I completely pigeon-holed myself into my previous format of these posts, so I'm switching it up. Would love to know your thoughts!


MDSolarSciences SPF 50 Mineral Beauty Balm: We recently started carrying this in the boutique at exhale, but Sephora also just began carrying them. This is super lightweight and is perfect for summer because the last thing I want is to layer moisturizer, primer, SPF, and a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. This is super lightweight and provides a light layer of color with the slightest bit of reflecting properties to give you a great glow. Especially if you often forget to put SPF on under your makeup, this is awesome! 

Glossier Cherry Balm Dot Com: Per the recommendation of my friend Jill who used the Coconut Balm Dot Com consistently while we were in France, I knew I needed to try them out. I ordered their Trio of Cherry, Mint and Rose, and this is definitely my favorite and most used of the three so far. You can build the color up a bit or leave it on the sheerer side, it smells and feels amazing. What other Glossier products should I try?

Marc Jacobs Glow Slick Glistening Illuminator: I was super late to the highlighter trend, but this one makes me glad I held off, because it's amazing. It's super easy to swipe onto your cheekbones and isn't overly chunky or glittery. Thanks so much to Influenster for this! 

L'eau de Cassis L'Espirit du Sud Parfum: I bought this in France during a day trip to Cassis (photos from that day here and here) and I'm so happy I did! I knew I wanted to get a perfume during my trip, but something a little more unique than something I could buy at Sephora here (you can order this scent & more online!). Everytime I spray it, it brings me back to that perfect beach day, which included beach drinking, a boat trip around the Calanques, and sorbet. Le sigh.

Gilly & Tarley: Game of Thrones anyone? I'm a huge fan of naming intimate objects (mostly bags & plants), which I'm completely aware is weird. But really, I love these two. My succulent is from Whole Foods and my cactus is from Niche in the South End.

What have you been loving this month? Would love to hear your favorites!

No comments: