August 1, 2014

Review: Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Spotless Foundation


Physicians Formula's Youthful Wear Spotless Foundation ($14.99 for 1.0 oz.) is a foundation serum with SPF 15 that claims to reduce the appearance of spots by 67%. The foundation comes with a brush and has a serum-style dropper applicator in a glass bottle.

Not many makeup items that I know of come with their own brush to use, unless we're talking about the flimsy eyeshadow brushes found in most drugstore shadow palettes, so it was a treat to get a brush included in the price. It's on the smaller side but applies the foundation nicely if you work with it. Initially, I thought all the foundation got sucked into the bottom of the brush and dropped on way more than I needed for my face and practically had to start over.

The shade I have (Light) appears pretty orange on my skin tone, but once topped with my favorite finishing powder, it appears virtually flawless on my skin! Take note that there are only 3 shades available so this will be harder to wear if you have very pale or very dark skin.

Overall, I don't think I've been using this long enough to see dramatic results when it comes to spot reduction, but it's an added bonus if that happens in addition to the good coverage it gives me.

No comments: