August 18, 2010

Glam It Yourself: Candles

While on vacation visiting family- I was able to do something really cool that I have never done before; make my own candles! I saw candles all over my cousin's house and my aunt's house from a company (not mentioning the name, it is only in their state) so we decided to take a trip to the store! I made two of my own 8 oz. candles for $9 each- which I think is not a bad price! At this store, you could either buy them in 8 oz. glass jars, or make blend your own in a variety of sizes! You could also buy 4 candles in 4 oz. jars for $21 in a theme (Romantic, Beach, etc.) I blended 3 different oils with a natural soy base- came back an hour later, and voila! I had two custom blended candles.

Brown Sugar+Cinnamon+Sugar Cookie= Snickerdoodle Cookie
Marshmallow+Dark Chocolate+Graham Cracker=S'mores

Here are a few links to DIY candle shops that I found websites for, as well as tutorials to make your own candles. I also included some places to buy good quality candles online that I got high recommendations from youtube gurus, and blogs. *None of these companies are influencing or paying me in any way to link their company.*

The Villager Candle Shop
Truckee, California (530)562.8884

The Candle Lab
Worthington, Ohio (614)433.9900

Waxenart
Redmond, Washington (425)885.4422

Flicker
Reno, Nevada (775)324.4569

Waxen Moon
Squaw Valley, California (530)584.6006

Candles By Victoria
Van, Texas (903)963.7258

Illumenature
*online only*

Lux Naturals
*online only*

Bath & Body Works
*search for a store nearest you*

How to Make Candles at Home

Peak Candle Supplies

No comments: