August 24, 2010

Review: Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Wipes vs. Original

My favorite brand of makeup remover wipes would definitely have to be Neutrogena. Neutrogena makes a few different kinds of removers, but I have only tried the original and night calming. Both can be purchased at drugstore.com. The Night Calming is on the site for $7.49, the Original is $7.99. Each pack comes with 25 wipes that are 19x18.5 cm each. All Neutrogena makeup remover wipes are ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested. They are also allergy and alcohol free.

The Night Calming has a scent of lavender and chamomile- hence night calming as studies have shown that those scents are soothing and help some sleep. When it comes to actual makeup removal- they pretty much do the same thing- and one is not better than the other, it's more personal preference. Both claim to even remove waterproff mascara, which some remover wipes do not, and I wake up with black flakes under my eyes if the night before I don't also use liquid eye makeup remover. I like the original better because sometimes the smell can kind of annoy me, but the scent never irritates my skin.

No comments: