August 8, 2010

Fall 2010 Trend Report: 50s & 60s Fun


Even though I don't watch it- I'm sure many people watch the AMC original series Mad Men. Set in Manhattan, New York in the 1960s. This movie not only is set around the rising advertising business, but fashion as well. After some research, my 3 favorites are Betty the sophisticate, Joan the risk taker, and Peggy the prim girl next door.



In the cover article about Demi Lovato & Joe Jonas in the August copy of Teen Vogue, their cover story photo shoot entitled Blue Crush reminded me a lot of what the characters in Grease wore- my favorite photo (The Girl Next Door) shows Demi in a Chloe sweater, Opening Ceremony skirt, CC Skye bracelet, and Pour La Victoire shoes.







In Vogue, the mother of all magazines- and the big sister to Teen Vogue- the spread that really caught my eye was titled Magnificent OBSESSION. The 14 page spread features Ewan McGregor and Natalie Vodianova in an autumn 50s 'domestic drama' Not only did Natalie look great, but so did Ewan and their 'children' I feel as if the stereotypical 1950s domestic life is captured in this photo- but in a Prada silk-radzimir dress, shoes, and handbag of course!



photos by: teenvogue.com (Norman Jean Roy)

vogue.com (Peter Lindbergh)

catwalkqueen.tv (unknown)

No comments: