June 4, 2014

Review: HUM Nutrition

Hum Nutrition is a new dietary supplement line that can now be purchased at Sephora. With everything from a high-powered fish oil to a dual-action skin and hair booster, their 24 supplement line includes something for you. All of their products are gluten free, contains no GMOs, sustainably sourced, recommended by leading nutritionists, and have fun names and bright packaging. In addition, they are all fully vegan/vegetarian, and contains no artificial ingredients. HUM recommends taking their supplements for at least 3 months to see the products full effects and I've been taking them for just 2 weeks so while I know full results have not been achieved yet, I hope this is helpful in letting you know what I think so far.

Here Comes the Sun ($20) boosts sun-craving skin. It is packed with the leading ingredient D3, which is essential for calcium absorption, skin protection, and healthy bones and teeth. Its formula is free of parabens, sulfates, or phthalates. Each bottle contains 120 softgels, meant to be taken once daily with food.

I feel like of the two I am trying, this will be the more difficult of the two to see if its benefits are actually working for me. I don't typically get a lot of sun since I work indoors and when I am not at work (which is rare over the summer) I am indoors doing blog work, so it's nice to know that I am getting my Vitamin D for the day.

Killer Nails ($20) works to support longer and stronger hair and nails. Each bottle contains 60 capsules, meant to be taken once daily with food. Its key ingredient is biotin is a water soluble B-complex vitamin necessary for cell growth and the production and metabolism of fat into amino acids. It has been specially formulated for HUM in a high potency vegan formula without parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

So far so good with this one as well. While I think it is still a little early to tell how well this is working so far, I have noticed that my nails are growing faster than before which is saying a lot considering at work they usually break pretty quickly but they are definitely withstanding more than before I began taking the supplement.

I was sent these for consideration from HUM Nutrition but am not being influenced by any opinions but my own.

No comments: