July 8, 2015

Blogging Business: F.A.Q's

You'd be surprised at the amount of questions I get about blogging, and I've been meaning to get a blog series going on here, and figured this would be the perfect opportunity.

How much money do you make?
While I’m not comfortable disclosing it, I can tell you that there are plenty of bloggers who break down monthly how much they make via their blog. There’s also more to be made than just money. Compensation comes in forms of social shout-outs, products, services and more. Compensation is different depending on a bloggers combined following.

How and why did you start blogging?
I started Polished Perfectly, which has since gone under several rebrands since its October 2009 launch as a way to express my love for beauty way back when I was a high school freshman.

What’s the best and worst part of blogging?
Best: The connections I’ve made, people I’ve met, and brands I’ve worked with. Worst: FOMO and experiencing jealousy.

What brands have you worked with?
To name a few- Nokia, Always, Brita, Fresh Beauty and Sassoon Salon.

How do you deal with haters online and in real life?

Online, thankfully I’ve only dealt with a few rude commenters on various blog posts, so that’s pretty easy to brush off. In real life, I’d say people hate less and poke fun more. But I deal with both the same way and don’t give them the satisfaction of letting it get to me.

What’s your major in school?
I'm a rising junior at Emerson College and am majoring in Journalism and will (hopefully!) be double-minoring in Political Communications and Women's Studies.

No comments: