July 15, 2015

How Her Campus Has Shaped My College Career

As many of you probably know if you follow me on twitter or instagram, this summer I'm interning at Her Campus. To keep it short: Her Campus has truly shaped my college career thus far and has opened a lot of doors for me as a student, blogger and woman. It's something I have been heavily involved in throughout my college experience, and something I genuinely love being a part of. Members of the Her Campus network have moved on to jobs and internships at Seventeen, Harper's Bazaar, Vogue, Vanity Fair, just to name a few!
(Visit bit.ly/mycampuschapter to apply to start your own chapter!)

For those of you unfamiliar with the brand, Her Campus is the #1 online global community for college women (aka collegiettes), written by college women, with on-campus chapters at 270+ campuses across 7 countries worldwide. In addition, Her Campus offers the HC Study Break email newsletterHer Campus Blogger Network with over 950 members, High School Ambassador Program, Her Conference, Her Conference: High SchoolCollege Fashion WeekHer Campus Shop, The Her Campus Guide to College Life,  and even more products, programming, tools, and events to fulfill its mission of serving college women across every platform!

Her Campus chapters serve as a section on HerCampus.com devoted to each school, so students can have an individualized experience on the website through the five main sections: Features, Blogs, Campus Celebrities, Campus Cuties, and Snapshot.

I found out about Her Campus in August 2013, the last month of summer before starting my freshman year of college when Emerson’s chapter followed me on Instagram (hint to current chapter members- this is a great way to get new members, try searching relevant hashtags related to your school), and the rest is history!
(Me as a baby Her Campus member, during an event my chapter hosted in September 2013!)

I was immediately intrigued and made it a point to find out more info about Her Campus, so I went ahead and applied to become a member of my chapter. Over the past two years, I have grown more and more involved with Her Campus, not just within my chapter but within the company as a whole, speaking on panels at the Her Conference: High School in 2014 and 2015, attending 2014 and 2015 Boston College Fashion Week events, attending the 2014 and (upcoming!) 2015 Her Conference’s, held in New York City, and most recently and what I’m most proud of, becoming the Campus Correspondent of the Emerson College Chapter and being a summer intern at their Boston office.

While I didn't begin the Her Campus chapter at Emerson, starting your own chapter is a great way to gain writing experience, participate in marketing campaigns, make network connections with other college journalists online and in person at the annual Her Conference each summer. If there's already a chapter at your school, what are you waiting for? It's time to get involved!

Interested in starting your own chapter? Her Campus is accepting applications for Fall 2015 through August 15. to find out more, visit bit.ly/mycampuschapter

No comments: