July 24, 2015

Review: Fresh Umbrian Clay Face Mask

Fresh's Umbrian Clay Mattifying Mask ($49 for 3.4 oz) is a multifunctional treatment made with a high concentration of Umbrian Clay, an ingredient proprietary to Fresh. Found only in the Italian town Nocera Umbra, Umbrian Clay's therapeutic benefits date back to the 6th century BC. Its high mineral content soothes irritation, removes toxins, reduces breakouts and aids in regenerating healthy skin cells. This treatment, which can be used as a face mask, daily cleanser, or spot treatment, is further advanced with anti-inflammatory nettle, gentle chamomile, and purifying olive leaf extract.

This was one of the items that I picked up about a month ago at the Fresh store on Newbury Street during a private shopping visit and it's been on my face at least once a week, if not more since then. My favorite way to use it is as a mask [duh, see above!] but also as a spot treatment because I've had a few pesky breakouts lately and this has definitely helped sooth the skin and reduce redness. One of my biggest pet peeves about face masks is when they flake off your skin and get too tight that you can't move your face. This, even marketed as a mattifying mask, doesn't do that whatsoever. Overall, I give this mask two big thumbs up and it's definitely one I'd recommend giving a try!

I was given this for consideration by Fresh but am not being influenced by any opinions but my own.

No comments: